Friday, October 25, 2013

Evra clarifies quotes on future



Patrice Evra has clarified speculation regarding his future by stressing he loves Manchester United and does not want to leave the club.

 Following a recent interview in his homeland with Telefoot, the French defender was said to be preparing to quit Old Trafford when his contract expires next summer.

However, in an exclusive chat with MUTV's Countdown to Kick-off, to be screened this evening, the loyal servant made his true feelings clear.

 "The problem with me is I don't read the papers so I don't know what people are saying about me," he stressed. "I had a French interview and I said:

'It's personal' meaning 'I don't want to talk about it'. "Maybe some people [outside] want me to leave the club but that's not the case.

I will answer if somebody wants to talk about my contract because I think it ends after this year but then they have to talk with Manchester United and my agent. Me? I love this club so much."

 "The only thing I can say is it [the French interview] was a big misunderstanding." Evra captained the team to Champions League victory against Real Sociedad in midweek, taking over the armband for the second time since David Moyes was appointed manager.

No comments:

Post a Comment